Features and Benefits of Nettle for Hair
The leaves of the nettle plant are used to treat and relieve allergies. It is believed that consuming stinging nettle leaf before meals can cure food sensitivities. Nettle has anti-histamine properties, which act against the histamine present in the body and also against the allergic rhinitis. These leaves are helpful in treating seasonal allergies, hay fever, coughs, sneezing, hives and asthma.
Nettle has also been studied extensively and has shown promise in treating Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, bladder infections, bronchitis, bursitis, gingivitis, gout, hives, kidney stones, laryngitis, multiple sclerosis, PMS, prostate enlargement, and tendinitis! Externally it has been used to improve the appearance of the hair, below are some of the wonderful benefits Nettle has for your hair;
Treats Hair Loss Problem:
Using nettle is one of the oldest treatments for combating hair loss. Stinging nettle capsules and tea can be consumed to treat hair loss internally while a good scalp massage using nettle oil combats hair loss effectively.
Helps In Hair Re-Growth:
Not only does nettle help in combating hair loss, it also helps in hair re-growth. Nettle leaves are rich in silica and sulphur. This helps in making hair shinier and healthier. Rinsing hair with nettle extracts and water results in re-growth of lost hair and also helps in restoring the original hair colour.
Massaging your scalp with coconut or mustard oil infused with dried nettle leaves and leaving it overnight is a very effective treatment for dandruff. Juice extracted by crushing fresh nettle leaves is also massaged on the scalp to treat dandruff.
Apart from the above mentioned benefits, nettle has some other benefits too and they are:
- Nettle is beneficial to the endocrine system.
- Nettle leaf is a good source of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins, which make it anti-tumor and help in treating neoplastic diseases.
- Nettle leaves are helpful in treating neurological disorders like sciatica and neuralgia.
- It is also known as a spring tonic and improves circulation.
- It is known to stimulate digestive glands and helps in treating indigestion.
- Nettle tea is used to gargle for treating mouth and throat infections.
- It is known to kill intestinal worms and parasites.
- Rinsing mouth with nettle water acts as anti-bacterial and prevents gingivitis and mouth and other gum diseases.
- Nettle leaf also improves immunity and helps to cure hypertension.
EverEscents use Nettle is a number of our products. We enjoy using this ingredient for its wonderful features and benefits as mentioned above.