What are Activated Nuts & How to Activate Them
What are activated nuts?
Activated nuts have been soaked in water and salt for a period of time, which starts off the germination or sprouting process, then dehydrated at a low temperature. Soaking increases the nutrient value of the nuts along with breaking down the problematic compounds that help enhance their digestibility.
The Process of Activating Nuts
Here are some tips on how the process of activating nuts:
• Place the nuts in a large bowl and then proceed to put in salted water.
• Let the nuts soak in salt water for the needed number of hours.
• When the soaking time is over, the nuts should be strained and rinsed.
• Use a baking tray or a dehydrator rack to spread the nuts.
• Dry in either the dehydrator (12-24 hours) or the oven (less than 65C).
• The nuts need to be stirred and turned during the course of the drying time.
• Ensure that the nuts are dry and crispy.
• All steps completed and what’s left are the kind of nuts that the digestive system will welcome.
Why go through the process of activating nuts?
Depending on how you know your way around the kitchen, the process of activating nuts might sound like a hard task to achieve. There’s always the option of going out and buying activated nuts, only if you have the kind of budget that allows you to do so every time. For others, the process of activating nuts might be the easiest sacrifice they have to undertake to ensure that their digestive systems don’t suffer and they don’t end up with digestive issues. Having issues with your digestive systems might bring so much pain that investing in a dehydrator to make the activating process easier might seem like the most sane thing to do. Raw nuts are good for us, but activated raw nuts will prove incredible for us in the long run.