Blueberry and Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and halved
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil (approximately 50 grams)
- 2 cups blueberries (frozen is fine)
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F
- Grease and line your loaf tin with baking paper. I have mine over-hanging the sides for easy removal. My tin measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Place the bananas into a medium sized bowl and mash them well. Stir in the lemon juice. Sift in the flour, mix to combine. Add the eggs, mix to combine. Add the vanilla, salt and melted butter or oil, mix to combine. Gently and evenly stir through the blueberries. Pour / spoon the mixture into your prepared loaf tin and smooth over the top with the back of your spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. If you find it is getting too brown on top you can cover the cake with foil, however I haven’t had to do this. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before gently moving to a cooling rack. Allow to cool for a further 20-30 minutes prior to cutting. Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
Sourced from our favourite website, Wholefood Simply.