Raw Chocolate Ginger Cake with Cacao Frosting
This beautiful recipe has been created by Kimberly Snyder. Not only has she used raw, organic ingredients but she has created a beautiful healthy treat for all to enjoy without feeling guilty!
- 1 cup organic almonds
- ¾ cup organic walnuts
- ¼ cup raw cacao
- ¼ tsp high quality sea salt
- 1 tsp grated organic ginger
- 3 Tbsp coconut nectar*
- 5 organic Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup organic avocado flesh
- 3 organic dates
- 2 Tbsp cacao
- ¼ cup coconut nectar*
- *Use maple syrup if you can’t find coconut nectar. Don’t use agave, which is high in fructose and highly processed.
- Grind the almonds, walnuts, and cacao in a food processor until it resembles bread crumbs. Add the sea salt, ginger, coconut nectar, dates and vanilla and mix again until you achieve a smooth texture. Press the mixture into a 9 x 5 inch rectangular glass baking dish. The coconut nectar will hold the moist ingredients together, so baking isn’t necessary.
- Cut the cake in half and separate with a spatula, as you will be stacking one half of the cake on top of the other to create a two-layer cake. Frost one of the halves, then stack the other half of the cake on top. Finally, frost the top of the double-layered cake with the remainder of the frosting. Slice into six pieces lengthwise and across. Garnish with a little mint on the side to add a pop of colour and enjoy!
Sourced From: http://kimberlysnyder.net