Ever wondered what foods you should be eating in aid to support a healthy metabolism? I found this list the other day and thought I’d share it with you….
- Organic Fruit– watermelons, papaya, lychee, cherries, grapes, RIPE/cooked apples, RIPE/cooked pears, peaches, kiwis, orange/orange juice, etc. are packed with good sugars (fructose and glucose), antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Organic RAW Carrots– Raw carrots act like a natural antibiotic to aid your gut. They help decrease bacteria, endotoxins and estrogens in the gut, which will help increase metabolism.
- Organic Expeller Pressed Coconut oil – A healthy saturated fat consisting primarily of medium chain tryglicerides (MCT). The MCT’s in coconut oil are proven anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral agents.
- Organic Pastured Eggs– Eggs are loaded with vitamin B12, Vit D, Vit A, choline and leucine all of which are what your body utilizes to help metabolize fat.
- Organic Dairy – and milk and other dairy contain tons of calcium. Calcium has shown to help decrease blood pressure and decrease abdominal fat.
- Organic Fruit Vegetables– Squash, zucchini, tomatoes, pumpkin, etc. They contain high levels of folate, Vitamin C and fructose along with glucose.
- Organic Russet Potatoes – rich in protein, calcium, iron, vitamins A and C. Always eat potatoes with a fat and protein and some fruit (you want the fructose). The fat, protein and fructose will help regulate your BS when consumed with the starch.
- Organic Coffee– Coffee increases glucose uptake (increases metabolism) and provides the body with the minerals Mg, K, and the vitamins B1 and B3.
- Wild Shell fish–Oysters, clams, muscles, shrimp, lobster, scallops and crab are all good sources of high quality protein. Shellfish contain vitamins A, C, D and E, and the B vitamins. Shellfish are an exceptional source of vitamin B12, which is required for every metabolic process in the body.
- Salt–it’s natures diuretic and is necessary to mobilize glucose (sugar). The right white, clean source of salt actually increases your metabolism, decreases endema and helps muscles recover.
- Organic chocolate — Chocolate contain not only a healthy level of antioxidants but it also contains stearic acid, a saturated fat that has been found to boost your metabolism.
- Bone broth and Gelatin. — Bone broth and gelatin are an amazing protein source free of the inflammatory amino acids, cysteine, methionine and tryptophan.*Of course, if organic foods are not available to you, do the best you can. You can still get lots of benefits using the non-organic options.
So as you can see there are a few awesome things on this list that we all love to eat (chocolate!!). Till next time….Tiarna :)